The Idea: As part of our initiative called Annadata Sukhi Bhava, which is a prayer for the welfare of those who provide food, CCD and Farmveda have been constantly exploring opportunities to generate more value to the farmers. A cooperative owned restaurant under the brand name of Farmveda was quite clearly a natural way forward. Hence] Ghar Ka Khana came into existence.
About: Ghar Ka Khana is a chain of restaurants promoted by Farmveda. With a GKK restaurant around, one is never away from home as it provides a range of delicious, healthy and homely dishes to choose from, throughout the day at great price. Currently we are focusing on highway restaurants.
Presence: Ghar Ka Khana currently has 2 restaurants that are fully operational and both of these outlets are situated on the highways that connects Bangalore City with cities like Chennai and Pune. Farmveda aims to add more restaurants under Ghar Ka Khana spread across the evolving highway network in the next few years.
How it helps:
- All the profit from Ghar Ka Khana goes back to the farmers.
- Empowering rural economy through employment of youth and hyperlocal procurement.
- Provides visibility to brand Farmveda and helps to make Farmveda a household name across India.
1. Reliance Petrol Pump, Nijgal, Bangalore - Pune Highway
2. Reliance Petrol Pump, Samanapalli, Bangalore - Chennai Highway